When you’re renovating your kitchen, it’s the perfect time to declutter all the equipment and gadgets that have been gathering dust at the back of your kitchen cupboards. That way, when it comes to putting everything back in your beautiful new workspace, you’ll have more space to play with, and your cupboards won’t look so crammed and cluttered.
There are also things you can do to maximise the available space in your new kitchen cabinets, which have the additional advantage of making it easier to find things and keeping the interiors neat:
- Wine glasses – stack them alternately standing up and upside down in order to get more glasses on the shelf.
- Spice jars – if you don’t want a spice rack, put a Lazy Susan in your kitchen cupboard and stand your spice jars on it. That way you won’t have to grapple around at the back of the cupboard looking for the spice you want.
- Dry ingredients – decant dry foods and ingredients like flour, sugar, tea, coffee etc into Kilner clip top jars (or their equivalent) – the pressurised seal will help to keep things fresh and the jars will look good. And because they’ll be in glass jars, you can just open your cupboard door and see at a glance when you need to add anything to your shopping list!
- Bits and pieces – keep all individual sachets and small packets of things etc in deep trays, boxes or wicker baskets which you can keep on the shelves. That way, your kitchen cabinet will look good when you open the door and, by being able to take the box down to the counter, will make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
- Less used items – everyone will have kitchen equipment they don’t use very often, but still use enough to need to justify not throwing them out. It’s a good idea to keep these items in the back of your kitchen cabinets or on the higher shelves. It makes sense to have all the things you use most frequently within easy reach.
At KDCUK, we have everything you need to keep your kitchen cupboards tidy and maximise the amount of space you have. Visit our Hertfordshire/North London showroom to see our high-quality ranges for yourself.